Zoochemicals - Meat, variety
Just like plants, animal products, too, have healthy natural compounds that are nutritional to our bodies.
In plants, they are called phytochemicals. In animal products, they are called zoochemicals.
Like phytochemicals providing nutrients and cellular protection to the plants, zoochemicals do the same for animals.
In both instances, human being benefits from the same nutrients and cellular protections when we consume these phytochemicals and zoochemicals.
Main Nutrients - Zoochemicals
Depending on the types of Zoochemicals, they would have one or a combinations of the following nutrients:
- Antioxidant: Lutein, Zeazanthin, Linoleic Acid, Selenium, Copper, Zinc, Vitamin (C,E), Astaxanthin, Methionine
- Other: Amino Acids (Omega 3 (DHA, EPA)), Protein, Selenium, Copper, Zinc, Vitamin (C,E)
Examples of where Zoochemicals can be found:
- Dairy Products (milk, cheeses, whey) - Methionine
- Eggs - Lutein and Zeazanthin
- Meat - Linoleic Acid, Methionine, Protein
- Seafood or Marine Zoochemicals (we have a separate page for this) - Omega 3, Selenium, Copper, Zinc, Vitamin (C,E), Astaxanthin
Health Benefits of Zoochemicals
- Reduces Inflammation (Omega 3 EPA)
- Reduces risks of blood clotting or platelet aggregation (Omega 3 EPA)
- Eye Health (Lutein, Zeazanthin, Omega 3)
- Anti-Cancer (Linoleic Acid)
- Improve brain functions (Omega 3)
- Improve immune system (Omega 3, Zinc)
Eggs for Healthy Heart and Eyes
Happy Chickens Make Healthy Eggs - Free Range, Organic Eggs!
We intend to add more information to this page, in the future.
We hope you will check in with us, from time to time, to check out what's new.
Return to the Top - Antioxidant Zoochemicals